We were flattered by TechCrunch’s speculative article because, like all hot companies that are doing as well as we are, the questions on everyone’s mind are “What’s next?” and “Are you for sale?”
We know Opera Software and admire the company. Neither company commented on the TechCrunch story because it’s not a good policy or use of time to comment on rumors and speculation.
That said, since it was a popular article, Opera Software has responded and we received many communications ranging from “Congratulations!” to “Are you for sale?” Here are the facts:
- There is no deal with Opera Software.
- By strategy and in honor of our fiscal responsibility to our customers, employees and shareholders, we routinely speak to companies about potential partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, especially if it can accelerate our company’s vision.
- As we frequently report to the marketplace, we continue to kill it as we provide customers with what no one else in the marketplace is offering, the best mobile video – bar none.
- To date, our growth rate is recognized by third parties as enormously higher than market averages, fueled by an innovative technology, product and the most passionate employees in the world. We’re well positioned as leaders within the fastest growing category in all of advertising – mobile video.
- As we continue to scale, our focus will continue to be on providing the highest quality mobile video in the world. We are passionate about advertising and bringing publishers and advertisers the tools and platform to deliver the best consumer experience on a global scale.
-Will Kassoy, CEO, AdColony